The mission of The Women Worldwide Initiative (TWWI) is to empower women and girls to strengthen their own capacities as decision-makers.
TWWI’s mentorship programs and small-scale international development projects are dedicated to poverty eradication through youth development, and social and economic empowerment of women and girls in low-income communities in New York City and developing countries.
The Women Worldwide Initiative envisions a global community of women and girls who believe in their self-worth, are informed and smart decision-makers, and are motivated to be leaders and change-makers in their own lives and communities.
How We Got Started
Founded in New York in 2011, The Women Worldwide Initiative (TWWI) is a not-for-profit incorporation designed to strengthen the lives and communities of marginalized women and girls.
Since 2011, TWWI has served more than 100 women and girls in New York City, the Dominican Republic and Zambia, and has affected more than 400 people in under-served communities through extended programming and events.
TWWI’s programs are holistic, sustainable, innovative and high impact. They are empowerment-based as the social, political and economic empowerment of women and girls is crucial to gender equality, poverty eradication and global development.
Women Worldwide Initiative believes in:
- The power of positive role models and mentors to enhance a woman or girl’s sense of self-worth and thus drive her towards excellence in all aspects of her life;
- The ability to affect social change through women and young people;
- Respect for the worth and dignity of individuals, particularly women and girls;
- The inclusion and acceptance of the differences and perspectives of others;
- Engagement through understanding and responding to our constituents’ needs;
- Commitment to the public good;
- Integrity through uncompromising commitment to transparency and ethical principles;
- Excellence through expertise, efficiency and sound decision-making in all we do.
The Women Worldwide Initiative relies on the financial contributions, in-kind donations and volunteer efforts of individuals and companies around the world who are committed to empowering women and girls. Visit our Contribute page to learn how you can get involved with The Women Worldwide Initiative.
Learn more about our fiscal sponsor!
Copyright © 2009-2014 The Women Worldwide Initiative. All rights reserved.