The Women Worldwide Initiative is a fiscally sponsored organization of Subud International Cultural Association with the mission to connect, inspire and educate women and girls on a global scale through mentorship programs, social change projects, and awareness campaigns that strengthen women’s capacity as decision-makers and promote gender equity, leadership and poverty eradication.
Our programs are dedicated to youth development, and social and economic empowerment of women and girls in low-income communities in New York City and developing countries.
The Women Worldwide Initiative envisions a global community of women and girls who believe in their self-worth, are informed and smart decision-makers, and are motivated to be leaders and change-makers in their own communities.
How We Got Started
Founded in July 2011 by Uraidah Hassani, then a recent graduate of New York University, The Women Worldwide Initiative began as an online social network specifically for women and girls in 2009, now dubbed the “Inspiration Network.” The online social network for women and girls was born out of the notion that women and girls in one community could empower and be empowered by women and girls in a different community.
The Women Worldwide Initiative developed into a community-based organization with the purpose of strengthening the lives and communities of women and girls, across borders. The organization has positioned itself as an essential voice to and for women, encouraging them to be leaders within their own lives and communities. TWWI believes in holistic, sustainable, innovative and high impact programs for women and girls because their empowerment is crucial to gender equality, poverty eradication and global development.
Women Worldwide Initiative believes in:
- The power of positive role models and messages to enhance a woman or girl’s sense of self-worth and thus drive her towards excellence in all aspects of her life;
- The ability to affect social change through women and young people;
- Respect for the worth and dignity of individuals, particularly women and girls;
- The inclusion and acceptance of the differences and perspectives of others;
- Engagement through understanding and responding to our constituents’ needs;
- Commitment to the public good;
- Integrity through uncompromising commitment to transparency and ethical principles;
- Excellence through expertise, efficiency and sound decision-making in all we do.
Learn more about our fiscal sponsor!
Copyright © 2009-2013 The Women Worldwide Initiative. All rights reserved.