Board of Advisors
Denise D. Ferguson
Denise, recently retired Director of the Chicago Advisory Council on Women, has been a public servant for 36 years. Her unwavering commitment to women and girls is illustrated by her work for the City of Chicago Commission on Human Relations where she tirelessly worked to increase women’s access to all levels of city government and advised the Mayor and City Council on matters involving discrimination against women. Additionally, she designed educational programs to promote equality and eliminate violence and discrimination against women and girls.
“I am selfish. I need Women Worldwide more than Women Worldwide needs me. I am a 58-year-old retired woman with very few computer skills and a tremendous passion for advancing the status of women and girls. With Women Worldwide I join an active network of intergenerational computer literate leaders. I am devoted to working with this organization and sharing the people and resources of 36 years of human rights advocacy. “
“I feel that for many women today, their biggest challenge will be conquering their own self-doubt, which is why I believe there is a need for a program that focuses on mentoring, supporting and educating both women and girls. My values and goals align well with those of The Women Worldwide Initiative… I truly believe The Women Worldwide Initiative can make an incredible impact on women and girls on an international scale.”
“We need to speak out about reproductive, education and environmental injustices globally at every level and platform that we can. We have to take action around child sexual abuse, molestation, rape and trafficking. If we don’t do it, who will? I am dedicated and committed to building this organization to its fullest potential. “A woman healed is a new world revealed!”
- 15 years organizational and program development experience in young and adult women empowerment programs;
- Talented educator with established ability to teach, inspire and empower participants while keeping high interest and success;
- Expressive communicator able to efficiently interact with varied community populations at different levels;
- Experienced coordinator of social justice community programs.
- Traveled to Germany, Spain, Chile, Guatemala, Venezuela, Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, Mexico and Palestine defending human rights of poor workers, immigrants, women and children.