|Why women and girls?||Why our programs?|
|When we support the growth and empowerment of women and girls, we raise the quality of life for everyone. This is because when women are empowered to lead they not only lead and flourish in businesses, they lead and make a difference in their community, they stand up for their children and all children, and they give voice to issues that are important to our global future.||The Women Worldwide Initiative is dedicated to holistic, sustainable, innovative and high impact programs for women and girls because we believe they need to be empowered today and, most importantly, in the long run. We never stop challenging our Team to find more effective, more cost-efficient, and more creative ideas for programs and projects.|
How you can help
Every contribution is important. A gift of any amount will enable The Women Worldwide Initiative to implement programs that connect, inspire and educate women and girls. 96% of donations are used for our programs, while 4% is donated to our fiscal sponsor, Subud International Cultural Association, so that they can continue the great work they do! Thank you for your support!
1. Donate securely online through our fiscal sponsor, SICA, on Network for Good (tax-deductible). To ensure the donation reaches our programs, you must select The Women Worldwide Initiative:
2. Donate by mailing a check (tax-deductible):
- Make check payable to “SICA” (our fiscal sponsor)
- Include “The Women Worldwide Initiative” in the memo line of the check
- Mail check to: ATTN: The Women Worldwide Initiative, 230 West 29th St, New York, NY 10001
3. Shop online and we receive a percentage of your purchase (with no extra cost to you!)
Your gift will help us support the following critical-need areas:
- Group and one-on-one year-long mentorship program, with a focus on academic achievement and positive life decisions, for young women in New York City’s low-income neighborhoods.
- “Sponsor a Young Woman Leader” – $50 sponsors one young woman in our leadership and personal development program for one semester.
- Innovative, sustainable, holistic and high-impact social change projects with NGOs in developing countries to empower women and girls to be leaders within their communities. (See Social Change Projects)
- Day-long mentor and leadership training for over 40 young women in 2012. ($50 provides training for 2 women)
- Annual Young Women Rock! Leadership Luncheon, a closing ceremony to engage, motivate and excite our mentees about their futures, and celebrate their accomplishments upon completing our year-long leadership program.
- Engaging, empowering and educational workshops, performances and outings for our Young Women Rock! Mentorship program, including a college visit to an ivy league educational institution.
Integrity in Fundraising
The Women Worldwide Initiative, which raises funds from the public or from donor institutions, is truthful in our solicitation materials. We respect the privacy concerns of individual donors and expend funds consistent with donor intent. We disclose important and relevant information to our potential donors.