Does TWWI have 501(c)3 status?
- TWWI is a non-profit sponsored organization. Our fiscal sponsor (or “umbrella organization”), Subud International Cultural Association, is a fully tax-exempt 501(c)3 nonprofit organization in the eyes of the IRS. As their sponsored organization, we are able to receive tax-deductible donations and apply for U.S. grants.
Where is TWWI located?
- We are based in New York City. Our mentorship program currently runs out of Brooklyn, NY, but we have plans to expand to other boroughs and other major U.S. cities in the near future. Our social change projects have a global reach, as we partner with NGOs in developing countries to develop innovative programs abroad.
Who is eligible to join the Young Women Rock! Mentorship Program?
- All female youth aged 14-18 in the Brownsville/East New York neighborhoods are eligible to join the program as mentees. Eligible mentors are female candidates under the age of 30 that are able to commit to the program one afternoon a week.
How do you ensure the safety of the mentees in the program?
- In order to provide a safe environment for the communities we serve, all prospective mentors are fingerprinted through the Office of Children and Family Services before they are allowed to work with children or other vulnerable populations.
Is TWWI open to partner with other organizations?
- Yes! We welcome opportunities to collaborate with other community organizations in order to empower women and girls on a global scale.
Does TWWI host any events annually?
- Yes. Our Annual Benefit Concert to support the success of our social change projects occurs at the start of each year, and our Young Women Rock! Leadership Luncheon occurs in May.