Violence Against Women and Me I am the oldest of five children. Four of us are young women of color. And I can’t help but constantly worry about them and their life experiences. When it comes to violence against women, my worry grows. It is said that 1 in 4 women will experience abuse in … Read more
Why fund our programs?
"Equality for women and girls is...a social and economic imperative. Where women are educated and empowered, economies are more productive and strong. Where women are fully represented, societies are more peaceful and stable." (Ban Ki-Moon, U.N. Secretary General)
"When you educate a woman, you educate a family. Give a woman health care and a family has healthcare. An economically secure woman means an economically secure family." (World Bank)
"There cannot be true democracy unless women's voices are heard. There cannot be true democracy unless women are given the opportunity to take responsibility for their own lives." (Hillary Rodham Clinton, United States Secretary of State)
Sign up for eNews!
- May 6: Young Women Rock! College Visit
- May 19: Young Women Rock! Leadership Luncheon (NYC)
- Jehmu Greene to Speak at Young Women Rock! Leadership Luncheon
- Anika Rahman of Ms. Foundation for Women to Keynote at Young Women Rock! Leadership Luncheon
- Happy Mother’s Day: Thank you for giving us roots and wings
- Reflecting on the Young Women Rock! Leadership Luncheon of 2012
- South African Designer Pearl Naidoo to Host Jewelry Party for Charity
Find us on:
How many love what we're doing?