Women’s History Month Artist Challenge
Artists Create Change
Poster Design Contest to Connect, Inspire & Educate
In celebration of Women’s History Month (the month of March), The Women Worldwide Initiative (TWWI) is launching the awareness campaign, Artists Create Change, on International Women’s Day, March 8th. We are seeking artists with a range of experience, perspective, geography and style.
Are you a budding or established artist? Would you like to use your creative talent as a tool to empower women around the world? Are you passionate about the issues that women and girls face daily? Would you like to use your talent to add your voice to the movement of gender equality?
You may submit a previously created image or create one specifically for this contest, as long as it is in line with any of the following themes relating to women and girls:
- Education – women & girls
- Health – women & girls
- Leadership – women & girls
- Speaking out against violence
- Solidarity, community, sisterhood
*homage to a current day “shero” (highlighting the accomplishments women are making in today’s world in the quest for equality and social justice among women & girls locally and globally)
- Submit a piece by emailing photo to email@example.com with subject “WHM Artist Challenge 2013” by March 24, 2013 deadline. Include your full name, a short statement about what Women’s History Month means to you, and the title of your piece, material (graphic, oil, acrylic etc) and size (of canvas or print).
- Images will be uploaded into “WHM Artist Challenge” photo album on Facebook for phase 1 voting.
- Phase 1 (March 25 – 30): Voting By Peers. People can place one vote (for one image) by “liking” the image on Facebook. Double votes (liking more than one photo) will disqualify voter.
- Phase 2: Finalists will be selected by TWWI Board based on popularity from phase 1 voting. Note: TWWI staff and volunteers may enter contest, but will not be eligible to vote for their own submission.
- Winner will be announced on April 1, 2013.
Why should you participate?
- You will be awarded the title, Artist Impact Ambassador, for the year of 2013.
- Your art will be exposed to supporters, donors and volunteers of Subud International Cultural Association and The Women Worldwide Initiative
- You will be participating in a global movement for gender equality.
- We will promote the sale of the painting or poster. You will keep the funds, but give TWWI written permission to use the image for a year.